Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 7821 times)

Offline drstratton

• Goby
Re: Back again!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »
Those are on my list!  Good to know I'm making the right choices!  Thank you!
~Rene'~
Current Equipment: 75g DT, Modified 40g breeder sump/refugium

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
oh and if u want to learn more about anything about reefing go check out bulk reef supply on youtube.
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 06:08:01 PM »
I'm subscribed to their You Tube channel!  Their video's are definitely helpful!  I'm trying to learn about dosing, it's going to be awhile before I need to, but I saw that they have a video on it and as soon as I get a chance I'm going to check it out.  The Neptune DOS/DDR system that I won should have shipped out today, I need to learn how to use it. As of right now I certainly don't!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »
they have videos about basically everthing and if u need help programming your Neptune doser go to their website and click on the live chat in the upper left corner.
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 09:51:07 AM »
Thank you, that's good to know.  I'm sure I will have questions!
~Rene'~

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »
I'm going to be in Spokane next week.  Do you know anything about the fish stores up there?  Thanks!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
aquatic dreams and beyond and you should join pacific northwest reef keeping group on facebook and Reef aquariums and more group

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »
Thank you!  I will do that!
~Rene'~

Offline fraggy

• Goby
Aquatic Dreams
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 10:54:02 PM »
Note that Aquatic Dreams moved from Post Falls when it was sold and is not easy to find in Spokane.  There are at least two other saltwater stores there, none of them that great from a live stock perspective in my experience.  You may be better buying frags from hobbiest.  The Petcos up there have better live stock than the locals in my experience. 

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:19 AM »
I think I went there once, if I remember right it's kind of in a warehouse district. Petco's fish tanks in Richland are full of ich, I don't know if I could ever bring myself to buy any livestock from there in fact I'm pretty sure I won't!  I'll be in the Tri-Cities next week, so I'm going to go check out the Fish Guy!  I'll probably get a few Zoa's this weekend in your experience with the 2 stores in Seattle have you had any problems with flat worms, ich etc...  I'm going to dip everything, I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to quarantine them. Thanks!  Maybe, one day we'll be able to organize a frag swap with people from our area and by that time I might even have something to share! It would be great to see the club start up again!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »
the oceans and barrier are absolutely the best stores ive ever been to by farrrrrr! and they use bayer insect killer to dip all corals they have so they don't have any pests and their fish systems have copper so theirs no ick and whats awesome is they have a 15 day warranty and also they quarantine everything for 2 weeks before they put it in the main systems.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2015, 11:18:09 AM »
Thank you very much!  My fish are still in QT and won't be able to go into my DT until Sunday, so I think that I will just dip my corals check for any eggs and put them in!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
I would use some bayer dip the ratio is 250ml per gallon of the blue and silver bottle of bayer.

Offline drstratton

• Goby
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:58 AM »
Thank you!  I have some coral RX pro, wish I had known about the Bayer beforehand!
~Rene'~

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »
coral rx is still a great dip