Author Topic: Two is too much ( blue tang)  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Two is too much ( blue tang)
« on: October 29, 2003, 06:36:06 AM »
I have a problem with a medium sized Blue tang in my reef.   I did the stupid thing of buying two instead of three.   So number 2 is hiding except for when it is time to eat.   I need to get him out of my reef.  I looked at him today and he looked pretty stressed.  I do not want him to die.   Since he is a tang he is pretty picky some times what he eats other times he moves so fast he runs into things.   Does anyone have any ideas how to get him out besides moving my rock and coral?   :?:  :?:  :(
come over and see..:)

Yellotang

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 08:17:46 AM »
patience and endurance with the net. try the food in the net trick. what ever you do and if you get him out and you need a good home for it let me know.

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 08:34:49 AM »
So did you catch him last night Ed??
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 08:56:37 AM »
I just cleaned my prefilters and did the usual  Tank up keep.   Blue Tang was eating like a big dog.   I will try the net on bottom of tank while I feed.   They have been eating from my hand.   I  will see what happens?...Matt if you want him come on over.   I have been working OT all this week.  I get up at 5am and get home bout 8pm.   Money keeps supporting my habbit(Aquarium).   I am going to Spokane Saturday and will be back Sunday.   I can pick up Dry goods if someone needs them or check a price.  I am not sure bout fish.    I have family with me for Daughters Basketball.   I just hope fish tank survives my two days away.  My sister in law said she will feed fish and take care of house.. :o  :?

Yellotang

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 09:18:48 AM »
let me know if/when you want me to swing out to get it and I will.

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 10:26:57 AM »
Matt,
  Blue Tang is yours.   When we can both get the time?   I was worried bout him stressing.   I changed prefilter and added some chemipure  in my sump.    His eyes started to look cloudy or I was getting paranoid the   other day?  He is doing good.  I just want him to be happy.   He will do great in a larger tank.   :)

Yellotang

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 04:39:26 PM »
cool, just let me know what you want for it.

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 07:03:43 AM »
Matt,
  I put the my net in the tank with a piece of Nori clipped on to it last night.    I am not having any luck there yet.   They are afraid of net right now...I will see how they do when I try to hand feed them with tonight? Matt, If I get him out alive and well with out hurting my coral he is yours.
I am hoping sometime if you have something you need to get rid of you can share?   I am not worried bout it.   Besides isn't that was this club was about? .... :D

Yellotang

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 07:46:43 AM »
I still have small bunches of zoanthids for you.
Cool, thanx.

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 06:39:21 AM »
Matt,
     I left a fish net in tank for a few days with nori clipped on it.   My fish became timid.   The blue tang is still doing ok.  I just removed the net for fear of stressing him more.   If you have any ideas please let me know?  If you are close by just stop in.   I have a soccer meeting tonight for coaching.  But when you get the chance.
Ed

Yellotang

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 07:30:54 AM »
To tell you the truth, the only luck I have had at catching fish is the drastic meathod of yanking rock. And let me tell you, it not that bad, you just have to be careful. and it gives you a chance to rearnge your rock. But hey, thats your call. Don't do it if you think its going to cause problems.