Author Topic: LF INFO..HELP  (Read 1421 times)

Offline bjaramillo80

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
LF INFO..HELP
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:57:48 PM »
My wife pointed out this anemone looking thing found out it is something called MOJANO anyone ever heard of it or know how to get rid of it other then taking apart my rock formation???

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: LF INFO..HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:47 PM »
Racoon butterfly...
I think That Fish Guy has or he had one recently for sale.
come over and see..:)

Offline fraggy

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »
If you have corals in your tank, you want to get rid of them.   If you only have a few, use a needle and inject them with lime water, or talkwasser.  There are also some commercial remedies which are about the same.   Some racoon butterflies will eat them.  Some people claim a copperband will, but I have never seen them eat them.  They do better for aptasia, another pest anenome.  If you are patent, you can scrape them off rock with a needle, but you have to be careful to get all of it, or they will reappear.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 06:28:08 AM »
I agree with Fraggy it is hit or miss.    When you find one that works sometimes that is all they will eat.   I had a copperbanded butterfly in reef tank at Kleins for a long time until all the adiptasia was gone.   The Copperbanded Butterfly started going after the Duncans.   If you can get Copperbanded or Raccoon Butterfly that will eat both adiptasia and regular foods you have a prize.
Some will buy a lot of peppermint shrimp.   I have peppermint shrimp in my Cube at home.   They worked for me if anenomes are small.    If you decide to treat your adiptasia outside the tank which is best.    You can razor them off, treat with Kalk, lemon juice, etc.    A overlooked issue when treating inside the tank is flow.   Adiptasia, Mojano, and other troublesome anenomes will spread by shooting spores.   That is their way of saying you can not kill me I will repopulate when you try.  I recommend shutting down all flow in tank if possible when treating like Fraggy said.   
come over and see..:)

Offline saltfan

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
aptasia x also works