Author Topic: January 2013 meeting  (Read 4401 times)

Offline btrue

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
January 2013 meeting
« on: December 27, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »
Time to get together soon, for our meeting!  Anyone interested in hosting it, in January? 

We want to start having a TOPIC of discussion at every meeting, so someone can also volunteer for that. Maybe some info about a specific coral or fish, plus something about running the tank/lights/water quality/etc, to help new hobbyists? 

Greg thought about typing up a BASIC info sheet, to give to any new club members; what do you think?

Offline fraggy

• Goby
Re: January 2013 meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:44:28 AM »
Sounds like a good idea.  This forum is awful quiet lately.

Offline jrhasty

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:06 AM »
If their is a January meeting I would like to come and join!

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:38 AM »
We will host the meeting again at our house on Jan 19, if nobody else wants to host it!  6 PM.
 Who wants to lead the "discussion topic"??
Need something each month concerning: one coral, one fish and then one topic about tank equipment/maintenance, etc...
Any volunteers? 

Offline fraggy

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:01 PM »
Hi:

How long would you like the talks to be?  I would be interested in hearing on removing scratches while water is still in the aquarium for acrylic tanks.   If automation is of interest, I could talk on that subject.

Wayne

Offline fraggy

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »
Will try to be there.  How long would you like the talks to be?  I would be interested in hearing about how to remove scratches from acrylic tanks with water in it.   I could talk to automation if that is of interest.  I can certainly talk about mistakes.

Wayne

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »
Great topic!  can you also mention a few comments about one kind of fish and one coral?  15-20 min??  Maybe discussion after each one for other members to add imput/suggestions.  Do you have much experience w/acrylic tanks vs glass?   

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
Automation seemed to have interest at the last meeting, too. so whatever you want to talk about.   

Offline Daniel

• Goby
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »
I wouldn't be able to head up the talk but there is a lot of people looking into home made controllers that i've been playing around with. I can bring my controller in.

Offline fraggy

• Goby
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »
If automation is of interest, why not have Danielle take to homemade automation and I can talk to the Neptune APEX and all the considerations associated with it.  As for fish or a coral, I only have some experience, but certainly would not be an expert.  I have far more expertise with mistakes that I could share.

Wayne

Offline Daniel

• Goby
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
I can bring my arduino with me with some of the items i'm working on with it.

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
We are not going to be able to make this one.  We have a commitment that requires us to be there.

Sandy, I will send you the email list so you can get your distribution list going and email information.

Thanks!
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
The mass email has been sent so if you didn't get it, then please let me know.  Thanks!
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
My brother's getting married next weekend, so I'll be out of town for the meeting.  Hope it goes well, and be sure to post the outcome of the election so that I can update the information and access on the site.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 06:11:35 AM »
Daniel please talk about your automation, controllers, etc.
Wayne, please share with us your mistakes!  We've all had too many to mention   =) ....  and the Neptune Apex. 

How do we elect officers this year?  just vote at our meeting on Sat?  or on the forum?