Author Topic: Taking our 270 down for a while - livestock has to go  (Read 6552 times)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Taking our 270 down for a while - livestock has to go
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:07:29 AM »
It's sad to say, but Colleen and I are going to shut down the tank for a while.  We have not had time to dedicate to it as we should, and have ended up getting overrun by manjo anemones.  With a death in the family and work requiring all our free time right now, it's not fair to keep the tank up and going.  We haven't set prices yet, but if you are interested in something let me know and we will figure out something that will work.

Here's what we have:

Clams:
tiger stripe derasa (about a foot across) - has some manjos on shell that will  need to be treated
crocea (5" or so) - also has some manjos
7 maximas (4-5") - manjos on shells

Corals:
Asorted zoas, frogspawn, pipe coral, brains, lobos, superman monit, poker star monit, caps, sunset monit, tiny recovery spot of recovering purple undataother stuff I am forgetting.

Fish:
Yellow tang, sailfin tang, orange shoulder tang, powder brown tang, yellow mimic tang, Yelloweye Kohl tang, sailfin blenny, 6-line wrasse (largest I've ever seen), 2 pair of Perc's (mis bar), coral beauty angel, mystery wrasse, blue reef cromis, 3 black & white damsles, and there may be a couple I'm forgetting.  Lights aren't on right now

Other Misc:
Couple sea cucumbers, several serpent stars, lots of snails, rose anemeones (long tenticle and bubble tip).  May be some other stuff too.  frozen food (won't know how much until tank is down and fish are gone), dry food, 2-part chemicals (may keep in case we set tank back up in a year or so), GFO (may keep), carbon (may keep), instant ocean (may keep), salifert test kits (partially used, but lots of tests left).  Other stuff too...come look and if there's something you want I'll let you know if I want to keep or not.

If interested, I'm happy to snap pictures and/or have you come over.  We aren't in a huge hurry to shut the tank down, and actually will not be able to until about mid-July at the earilest.  We plan to keep all the equipment as we may set the tank back up - we want to step back for a bit and decide if we miss having it or if we like the freedom of not being tied to something that has begun to feel like a chore due to all our other responsiblities these days.

PM me if you don't have my number and would like to come over or get pictures.

Nate

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: Taking our 270 down for a while - livestock has to go
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
nate send me some prices please..  I am interested in Clams and fish.

thanks,
Ed  :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »
Colleen said we'll try to work up prices over the next week or so on the livestock.  Will post them here as we figure things out.

Offline fraggy

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
Hi Nate:

Sorry to here this.  I would be very interested in alot of your livestock.  Give me a call when you have a break.

Wayne

Offline jimbo

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
Hi Nate & Colleen,

I  am sorry to here about the rough spot. I would like to get clowns and anenome and pipe organ maybe a few more since I lost a bunch killing my pests.

jimbo & Laura :'(

Offline Mattbrown

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »
I would love to get some inverts from you.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:53 PM »
Hi guys,

We are still extremely busy, just got back from the memorial service and moving Colleen's mom.  We are going to start working on price lists and will let you know when we are getting ready to take things down.  Hope to start getting some of the stuff out next week, but fish may be tough to catch until we actually have coral and clams out and are draining water.  We'll start getting a list of who wants what organized once we have prices and people committed to take them. 

Nate

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 07:27:09 AM »
Nate,  You are welcome to use my 300 gallon tub if you need it.  :)
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:57 AM »
Thanks Ed.   Will let you know if we do.  Will still be a week or two before we are ready.

Sol2reef

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about ur tank Nate.  I have looked at ur website and it deff took a lot of work putting it in.  But I am 100% taking a Maxima clam.  Giving it's a reasonable price

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
Sorry for being so quiet of late, things still very hectic for us.  However, we have seen all the notes from everyone and have had time to get prices figured out on fish and clams at least.  I'm working on trying to figure out who has requested specific items in what order and will do my best to be provide things to the person that asked for things for their personal tanks first. 
Ed, once things are figured out there, we can disucss what all is left and if it will be of interest to the Doc for their tank.  Being that this club and its members have been so good to us, and helpful in times of need, I'd really like to give back to the members first.

Keey your eye open for a post from me in the next day or two with prices and who has what resereved pending acceptance of our proposed price, or through off-line negotiation if something seems out of line.  We basically looked up what we have on blue zoo and live aquaria and are making our best judgment on size/cost they list and shooting for ~1/2 price (and no shipping).

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
OK, here's the list of prices and who is first in line on things as best I can figure it out, as well as things that currently aren't spoken for that we have prices on:

Wayne -
All maxima clams, crocea clam, possibly derrasa clam (comes with a sailfin blenny who thinks it's his home - if Wayne doesn't take it, we are asking $75 for these two things together), powder brown, yellow, & kohl tangs

Jim Briggs -
pair of clowns  1 is misbar, other not (with a bonus large rose long tentacle or bubble tip anemone) $50
Pipe coral, Colleen didn't give me a price on it yet

mattbrown - what inverts are you after?  Are you around where you could stop by this weekend?

Grant -
Sailfin tang - $60 (lists as $120 for XL on BlueZoo, or $80 for L on LiveAquaria, our is an XL)
pair of clowns (misbar for both) $50 (you can have a bonus anemone too if you want)
snails, pokerstar & zoos - colleen hasn't given me price, but we can come to an agreement this weekend.

Still available with prices:
Mystery Wrasse (large) - $80 (we paid $80 for it over 2 years ago plus shipping,so this is a heck of a deal.

Mimic tang - $25
Orange shoulder (~7-8") $75 (BZ list is $169, LA is $189)
6 Line Wrasse $15 (eats dry food, frozen food, algae from the clip if others are doing the same....not picky at all)
Bubbletip or long tenetcale rose anemone $10-20 depending on size.

We plan to be around this weekend, and are hoping to get most of the stuff out so we can start working on shutting the tanks down.  If you want to stop by and see what's still available, and negotiate on price, give me a call.  If you don't have my number, PM me.  There's still a bunch of coral not spoken for that we haven't set a price on too.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »
Heard from Grant, he already got a baby sailfin, so that is still available.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
Mystery wrasse is now reserved for garytgr8. 

Clowns are sold to Jim, misbar pair reserved for grant.
Pipeorgan coral sold to Jim.
Large derasa & sailfin blenny reserved for Bill (look foward to meeting you).

Offline Mattbrown

• Goby
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 03:15:51 PM »
Hermits, snails ,cucumbers. I will be around this weekend