Author Topic: Aqua tropics  (Read 4834 times)

Sol2reef

Aqua tropics
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:58 PM »
Aqua tropics is the biggest ripoff!!!

Sol2reef

Re: Aqua tropics
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »
Is there a SW store within a 1hr distance?  I know there is one in Moses Lake. Is Petco the only one around here??  Don't even mention that crap hole AT...

Offline ReefsNRocks

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
Unfortunatly no, the only ones within an hour are those you mentioned! LOL! It's a long haul, but if you can get over to Barrier Reef in Seattle I think you'll be pleased. Wife and I make a couple trips a year depending on what we are doing with our tanks and it is always worth it!

Offline halcyonism

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »
The Petco up here in Yakima isn't too horrible, actually.  Best to go on a Wednesday afternoon though as that is when the new arrivals show up.

Anything you are looking for in particular?

Sol2reef

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
Unfortunatly no, the only ones within an hour are those you mentioned! LOL! It's a long haul, but if you can get over to Barrier Reef in Seattle I think you'll be pleased. Wife and I make a couple trips a year depending on what we are doing with our tanks and it is always worth it!
Sweet, I'll deff check out the place in Seattle.

Sol2reef

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
The Petco up here in Yakima isn't too horrible, actually.  Best to go on a Wednesday afternoon though as that is when the new arrivals show up.

Anything you are looking for in particular?
Been looking for a Bubble tip anemone for my Nemos. Can't seem to find one

Offline halcyonism

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
I was just there a bit ago and they actually have a green BTA for $27.

Offline jerryB

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
Looks like my rose bubbletip is ready to split. It tends to do that every few months. If you are interested, I will keep you posted if it occurs.

Sol2reef

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
Looks like my rose bubbletip is ready to split. It tends to do that every few months. If you are interested, I will keep you posted if it occurs.
Ok

Offline reefbegood

• Goby
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »
To be a little fair, it has been very difficult for any pet stores to get quality and affordable live stock.
135g LPS 135g SPS  2 125g and 90 sps lps frag system 55 rose garden and  clown fish grow out pin and few others!
Love helping and teaching all! 25 years in saltwater.

Offline bjaramillo80

• Goby
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
I just recently took a trip to Portland since my wife is a IKEA junkie, well we take this trip once a month or more,so this time I said I was going to check out some of the LPS in the area.... and sweet Jesus I found coral heaven.. a store devoted to all your saltwater needs at least 20 55g+ tanks with not frags  but full size corals at insanely cheap prices, I bought a 7inch by 8inch lobo brain for $30 that's just one of the many things I bought ....the place is called Fanta-seas,  they have things on eBay so u can see the things they have. Great store friendly people, and they have punch cards for every 5 dollars you spend you get a hole punched in your card once it's all punched out it's 20 bucks off your next purchase which with there prices it's like a free coral or fish or invert.. by far my new favorite place well worth the drive.. I might just go next weekend lol

Sol2reef

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 07:43:26 AM »
I just recently took a trip to Portland since my wife is a IKEA junkie, well we take this trip once a month or more,so this time I said I was going to check out some of the LPS in the area.... and sweet Jesus I found coral heaven.. a store devoted to all your saltwater needs at least 20 55g+ tanks with not frags  but full size corals at insanely cheap prices, I bought a 7inch by 8inch lobo brain for $30 that's just one of the many things I bought ....the place is called Fanta-seas,  they have things on eBay so u can see the things they have. Great store friendly people, and they have punch cards for every 5 dollars you spend you get a hole punched in your card once it's all punched out it's 20 bucks off your next purchase which with there prices it's like a free coral or fish or invert.. by far my new favorite place well worth the drive.. I might just go next weekend lol
Thanks for the post! I'm deff gonna check this place out!  I'm an SPS lover do they have veriaty of that too?

Offline jerryB

• Goby
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 07:12:48 PM »
RBTA for sale

Sol2reef

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
I do not like the color.

Offline jerryB