Author Topic: Starting a PICO  (Read 1644 times)

Offline robcurtis2

• Goby
Starting a PICO
« on: September 03, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
Hola Folks,
Im putn together a 6gal pico and will soon be looking fer some starter frags.  Im out here in Onionworld W^2.  Anyone out here?  Lemme know.
Peace,
RC

Offline robcurtis2

• Goby
Re: Starting a PICO
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
K...to be honest im building a Fluval Edge 6gal.  Pretty kool tank and excited.....or will be a kool tank. Ha! anyway I thot about putn together a pico/nano due to a small space apartment out here in W^2.  Tough to do a SW tank out here.  Ugh!  Anyway, smaller tank is the way to go right now.  :)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
The smaller the tank the more sensitive it is. 
Just remember you need to do water changes more often with water same temp and same salinity and you should be fine.
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
Welcome!  I know there's one person in Dayton that has a Salt tank (dakota's dad on the forum, hasn't been active much due to job/family, but as far as I know he still has his tank). 

As for starter corals, I'd suggest holding off for a bit until you know for sure your tank is cycled and then move forward.  What type of corals are you planning?  Softies, LPS, SPS?  And, as Ed mentions, keep in mind that small differences make a much bigger effect on the small tanks.  One extra drop of chemical addition will be a bigger change in that 6g than in a 30 or 300g tank.  Same will go for over-feeding.  You won't be as capable of getting away with that as I can in a 270g tank.

Offline robcurtis2

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
So I finally started my Fluval Edge and now has the Aragonite SB and water no LR yet and temp setn at 79deg....started on 17JAN12.  I have about 6 weeks to think about this tank afa lighting mods, livestock, ect until I start the with additions.

I would like to get together with the group for seed sand ect.  Any meetings or small get togethers in the near future.  Im out here in WW so if anyone is in the area or having a meeting ect let me know.
Peace,
RC

Offline abushr

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »
Do you need live rock?  I have some I would love to give to you!!!!  My hubby is in Waitsburg/Dayton 2 days a week due to work...I might be able to talk him into taking a few pieces with him, if you could go there & pick it up.

Let me know

Angie