Author Topic: Books--creating a borrowing library  (Read 1756 times)

Offline abushr

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Books--creating a borrowing library
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had a crazy idea today....  Is it possible for us to create a page/link or something where we could create our own kinda lending library for members? 

I know I have several books/magazines that I've accumulated...as I'm sure do many others.  I was just thinking it would be a nice feature for people.  People who wouldn't mind lending out books could list which ones they have, etc.  If we needed someone to keep track of who has what, like a librarian....I'd be happy to volunteer.  Depending on how people wanted to do it, we could have like a main library (I could keep it at our massage office very easily) for books/magazines that people don't use or rarely use anymore.  For those who don't want to donate them to a library type thing...we could keep a file of books they are willing to loan out for short periods of time. 

Just a thought....what does everyone else think?

Have a great weekend!
Angie

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: Books--creating a borrowing library
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:31 AM »
I lend books out.   I just ask that they come back.   I also have digital copies of magazines.    Jimbo has been sharing with me.  I can share with others articles if they want in digital form.   Not a bad idea Angela.  :)
come over and see..:)

Offline abushr

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
Maybe we could create some master list or something....Book titles & who to get them from.  Buying books & magazines gets pricey really quick, but is a must have.  I just ordered 3 new books (used, but new to me!) which is what got me to thinking about the lending library idea.  I won't know until after they arrive if they were really worth the $$$ I just shelled out....lol....

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »
A sign up sheet would be nice.    Also a concern would be damage to books while in each persons possession or loss.   Angela, I am asking you to lead this if you like since this is your Idea.   I have a few books signed by Anthony Calfo, Scott Michael,James Fatheree, maybe even a Eric Bornmen somewhere.  I want to make sure they are returned.   

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Angie,
    I was hoping you would be at meeting last Friday.   A little was talked about it.  I was hoping you would be in charge of this.    I have a few books I have shared with members in past.   I just asked they come back in same shape.  They are Memories of Eric Borneman, Anthony Calfo, Scott Michael, etc.   Most have signatures from one on one times with them.

Offline abushr

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Hi

I wanted to be at the meeting, but it was my dad's 65th birthday in Wenatchee so I was busy driving Friday night....lol.  I wanted to be there & thought of you guys as I drove buy the golf course...lol 

I'd be happy to be in charge of the lending library.

Not sure how we could handle book loss.....hmm...have to think about that one.  I guess one of these days soon we need to get together & toss around some ideas and see what we can figure out.  Feel free to call me.

Angie