Author Topic: Changes  (Read 2163 times)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Changes
« on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:57 AM »
Please bear with us as the website undergoes some needed changes.  Let me know if you can't find anything or are having trouble with it.

Also note the new "Forum" links on the menu bar above, at the bottom of the center column on the front page, and on the top of the right column on the front page.  I may yet get the forums listed on the front page again, but for now these will have to do.

Other changes:
  • "About the Club" section on the front page is now a separate page, linked from the "Club Pages" menu at the left
  • "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" is now limited to Board started topics only.  Anyone can still comment in there, but they cannot start new topics.
  • These announcement topics from the forum now show up on the front page so we can easily present meeting updates, summaries, club business, and other items of importance to club members.
  • The "Additional Options..." link on the posting screen which has given so many users trouble has been removed.  All options under that section are now visible all the time.  This means that the Attachment option to upload pictures is always visible above the save, preview, and spell check buttons.  I'm sorry it's taken me so long to figure out how to do this.
  • New pages and sections are coming.
  • The software that runs the board has been updated, preparatory to a migration to newer variations of the software.  This will result in changes to the look and feel of the site, but will give us more options for features, display, and security.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:44:10 AM by psa »
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.