Author Topic: December meeting  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
December meeting
« on: November 21, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
Hi gang, 

December meeting will be at Colleen & Nate's on Saturday the 11th of December.  We figure since we've got the white elephant gift exchange, we'll start the meeting at 5PM.  No raffle this time, the gift exchange will take enough time on its own.

White elephant gift exchange, if you haven't been part of this in the past, it's a blast.  Bring a gift for every person that is going to participate in the exchange, max value of $15 per gift.  We always have a blast with this, and hope to have a good turn-out so we have some good fun again this year!

Hope to see everyone at the meeting, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
Re: December meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 11:31:18 PM »
Mass email has been sent out with details so if you didn't get one, please pm me and I will see that you get the info.

This will be a great time so you don't want to miss this one.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline jimbo

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:33:43 AM »
I don't want to be a scrooge >:( But I might have a gift that a child should not open. I would love to see the kids at the meeting don't get me wrong can we either have kids bring gifts marked with a K or get a total of kids showing.

jimbo :-*

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
I don't want to be a scrooge >:( But I might have a gift that a child should not open. I would love to see the kids at the meeting don't get me wrong can we either have kids bring gifts marked with a K or get a total of kids showing.

jimbo :-*

Or, if you are the only person this really is going to affect - maybe you can just mark yours as "no children"?

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
How about just bring a clean gift for once, it's like turning over a new leaf? ;D

You certainly didn't expect me to agree, did you?

See you at the meeting! ;)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
After talking with a few people and being reminded we ARE a family friendly club, I'm going to exercise my presidential veto power Jim.  Sorry, but let's keep the gifts family friendly.  Beer or wine with a note that says no kids is fine, but anything of a lude and/or rude nature that we shouldn't even open around kids I think is too much. 

Nate

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:18:48 AM »
Just a reminder that the meeting is this Saturday at Nate and Colleen's at 5:00.  This will be a good time.

If for some reason you didn't get details....let me know and I will send them.

See you all there.

Offline Daniel

• Goby
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »
Shawntae and I will not be coming tonight, we are down one car and with the weather being as it is we need to save the only one we got right now. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Dan

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »
Shawntae and I will not be coming tonight, we are down one car and with the weather being as it is we need to save the only one we got right now. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Dan

You missed out on a great time, but we understand.  Are you still on for hosting next month?  Ed had mentioned you had talked about it, but we'll need to get someone lined up if you aren't ready.  No pressure, just need to know so we can plan accordingly.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Nate

Offline Daniel

• Goby
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »
Nate,

I know we wanted to come but since I wrecked my car a couple of weeks ago just couldn't chance wrecking Shawntae's. Yes we are still planning on host next month meeting. I will write up some directions and pm them out to who needs them.

Dan

Offline Mr Alvarez

• Goby
  • New Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »
Thank you Nate and Collen for inviting me to your home had a really good time and enjoyed my self. Your tank is so awesome and encouraging made me want to go bigger. Thanks for guys hospitality :) 

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »
glad you made it Meir.  Had a good time talking with you about the options you could look into for your next tank.

Merry Christmas everyone!