Author Topic: A large Meeting being discussed for 2011...please read below and share thoughts.  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56135

This link was given to me by Michael.   You may remember Michael from MCMAC.   He was visiting from Portland. 
Please share your thoughts of Idea of a Big Saltwater Aquarium Conference in Seattle area or etc...
come over and see..:)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
I posted a response on that thread.  It seems to me that a MAX conference in the summer of 2011 in Seattle would significantly affect attendance at a local MCMAC 2011.  We really need to discuss what we're doing about our next conference anyway, so any discussion we can get here would be helpful.

We could
  • Throw in with the MAX conference, providing assistance, resources, and publicity for them in place of our conference.
  • Have our conference this summer anyway.  It's still to early to tell if they're even going manage to get a MAX conference this year.  We could start planning and switch to the next option if need be, too.
  • Postpone our conference for another year.  This would throw off our biennial record, but we wouldn't have to go four years without putting on a conference.  This could also be compatible with the first option.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline jimbo

• Goby
My thoughts are that laura & I will go if they can work it out. the wat it sounded tickets would be like 15 to 25 dollars (just a guess). kind of like the coral farmers market. We throw a conference that is more like MACNA; speakers, food, tank tour,and a social not to be missed (or for some remembered).  Its like steak or chicken I like both. We might still be able to have ours also a couple of months after or before so there is no confict, and if they have people all gun ho that might bring more to ours. just a thought  :P whats yours
                                                                   jimbo 8)

Offline btrue

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
We would attend their conference.  This summer is too soon to have another conference here.  Let's save money for the following year.

Offline reefbegood

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
the site says Southern California http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/ and has a date and place.
135g LPS 135g SPS  2 125g and 90 sps lps frag system 55 rose garden and  clown fish grow out pin and few others!
Love helping and teaching all! 25 years in saltwater.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
They are hoping with enough support to have it in Seattle on 2011 in Summer.   They are making a call out for support right now.
come over and see..:)

Offline MadMax

• Trade Show Promotewr
  • Goby
  • Trade Show Promoter
    • Marine Aquarium Expo
Hi Everyone,

Thus far this is what we are targeting:
(Info. is only tentative/preliminary IF we hold a PNW event next year)

Name: SEAMAX
Date: July 2011
Duration: Weekend - Friday exhibitor setup, Sat/Sun. Exhibit days
Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm both Sat/Sun.
Booth Cost: ESTIMATED - $750 per 10'x10' (pipe-n-drape/tables/chairs, incl.)
Entrance Fee: ESTIMATED - $25 Adult, $15 Senior/Military, FREE for Kids 12 & under
Attendance: ESTIMATED - 1,000+
Raffle: 5:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday
Venue: 20,000-25,000 Sq. Ft. Indoor convention hall
Exhibitors: 50+ (Manufacturers, Distributors, Retailers, Hobby-sellers)
Speakers: Unknown at this time
Staff: Require 20 volunteers (10 full-time and 10 part-time)
I hope this helps
We will add more information as it is known.
Thank you to all those who are helping to make this show a reality!

MAX Staff
SEA-MAX is coming to Seattle Center July 23-24, 2011:
http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/SEAMAX%20INDEX.html

Marine Aquarium Expo is March 30- April 1, 2012 in SoCal.

Offline MadMax

• Trade Show Promotewr
  • Goby
  • Trade Show Promoter
    • Marine Aquarium Expo
Hi Guys (and Gals)
thank you very much for the support we've seen here and all the other sites about a possible "SEAMAX" event here in the PNW!
We truly want to bring you a great event however that is not so much upto us as it is the potential exhibitors. THEY are the ones we need to impress.
We've got manufacturers interested IF we can conjure up enough support from the local retail store to exhibit as well.

The good people at MarineGeek.com (one of our exhibitors for BOTH MAX events) have created a special forum for us to collaborate and consolidate all volunteer helpers for the venture.

Please continue to post here as usual, however if you would like to be a volunteer staff member or simply wish to be kept in the loop, go ahead and read the latest and greatest going on at: http://marinegeek.com/bb/index.php

SEA-MAX is coming to Seattle Center July 23-24, 2011:
http://www.marineaquariumexpo.com/SEAMAX%20INDEX.html

Marine Aquarium Expo is March 30- April 1, 2012 in SoCal.

Offline fraggy

• Goby
SEAMAX????
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »
I would attend.

As for a conference the same year, we would loose most of the long distance crowd since they can usually only afford to do one per year with vacation and other commitments.  Many people also share this hobby with other competing famility activities which would be a factor.  Simply an opinion.