Author Topic: Friday in Tri cities and Saturday in Spokane Club meeting..  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Friday in Tri cities and Saturday in Spokane Club meeting..
« on: April 26, 2004, 07:45:50 AM »
I had a really good time this week end.   It was nice meeting all the new members.   Rick had a house full. Some of the regulars had functions they could not get out of.   So imagine if everyone had showed up?  I want all of you to know It was a pleasure to meet you.    We definitely had a largest Meeting yet.  But newbies there are others that did not make it remember that please?    People could not wait to pay dues at that meeting.   It was especially nice to meet Zul.   The look in his eyes as Rick parted with his occupants to others.   Zul looked like a kid in a Candy store.    That was priceless!      I need to explain Zul.  Zul has moved here from another country.   He is learning English.  He is learnig to write English.   He is deaf.   He has a super personality.   He has to be smart to do what he does.    I will bet this guy has not a enemy in the world.   Oh, And he loves Saltwater tanks.  I look forward to meeting this Guy and  the other new members!  Rick and Matt made plans to help Zul  and figure out why he is having problems in his tank.  People learning as they share what they know solving problems quickly.  There is a lot of experience with Matt and Rick.   I am sure it will be solved quickly.

Rod, Rick, Barbie, Sherri, Matt and I went to Spokane Saturday to their club meeting.   We learned about water perimeters From Kevin.    He explained that all tanks are different.  You can run the same set up  next to each other and dose  equally and get two different readings.   Brent explained how in the Summer things often slow down.   People tend to do  more vacations.       They do not want to come to Club meetings.  I hope this is not true.   I hate even thinking this.   Brent suggested a Barbeque soon.   He will keep us informed.    I heard a lot of talk about people wanting to visit us in The TRI Cities.   I had fun learning from Charlie, Kevin, and Brent explaining how he plumbed his pump.   I bought the same pump as Brent.   Brent also told me he had a bad experience with that particular pump.   I am afraid to run it now to tell you the truth.   I hope he just got one of the very few that had a problem?  
     It was late but Kevin offered us a tour of his tank and drinks.   We got a first hand view.   Not all the fish came out like the first time I saw Kevins Tank.   But I will never refuse a view of this Monster!   A 575 Gallon Tank with Coral fighting for territory.   You have to see it to believe it.    Rick Berg brought home parts of that tank.  We all got to see what each coral looks like fully matured.   This was nice.  I am wondering if Rick wants to go larger?   I would bet on it.   I think Kevin made a friend for life.   I got to bed at 4am.   I have to admit. If you want to do it again, I am game!   Thanks for the good time!

Issy, Carrie, Phil, Zul, Les, Terry, Trishia, John  Welcome to our Club!
Thanks for making this a great place.

Sincerely,
Ed :D
come over and see..:)

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 12:47:41 PM »
After my wife saw that tank i think my saltwatertank spending limit increased ! My wife did make fun of us guys though said everytime she turned around one of us was just  staring at the tank and nothing else . Cant wait to get my tank back up !
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Yellotang

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 10:00:05 PM »
I am all for rick going bigger. In fact I would help hime set one up if he asked. In fact, I know a 718 gallon tank for sale. hehehehe

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 04:34:29 PM »
718 gal.  hmm  sounds like a project to me.  What are the dimensions and cost?

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Yellotang

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 06:23:34 AM »
Hehe, sounds like it.
I told you on the phone, but I will tell you again.
it is 8'X6'X2'

needs lots of work though, all the seams have to be redone.

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 07:00:13 AM »
Rick,
    I have a open trailer that could handle that easily.   I have a person that will help you haul it too (me).    I think most of the club members would help you move this?   I am imaging the sweat on Ricks forehead.
 :shock:

Offline Ed

• Trigger
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 07:02:26 AM »
I also have a professional digital Buffer....wink, wink.    I like to detail cars.

Yellotang

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 10:08:57 AM »
From our (Rick and I) conversation last night, he wants to go with a taller tank then that. I know he's looking to go big though.  :D  At least that's what I believe he wants to do. :wink: