Author Topic: How to post pics??  (Read 2120 times)

Offline abushr

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
How to post pics??
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:02:19 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong section.....please feel free to move it if it is.  But how in the world do you post pics to this site?????  I have a photobucket acct....but can't seem to make any of them work here.  Any tips/tricks to making this happen would be great.

Thanks,
Angie

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: How to post pics??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:36 AM »
There is a button above called "insert image" that will allow you to link to pictures.  [ img ] your http:/link here [/img]  - use that, but without the spaces.

Offline fogish

• Goby
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:51:53 AM »
It is in the row between the text controls and the smiley faces, right below the Italic button, between the kaleidoscope looking button and the planet. It is a tiny picture frame.

Offline abushr

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
ok...still having problems.  Clicked on the button like you said....looks like --  so I'm assuming you insert your pic code in the middle....which code does this site support??? because I tried several and still nothing is working!!!!!  ugh!

Offline fogish

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »
Nate answered that already, [ img]http://www.website.com/blahblah.jpg][ /img] but no spaces between the [ and img] or [ and /img]
[ img]http://co108w.col108.mail.live.com/mail/clear.gif[ /img] that without the spaces equals:

Hmmmm.... I did it correctly but the picture does not show up. Try this instead:  You should be able to just attach a 600-700 pixel wide image with your post by clicking on "Additional Options..." and then uploading your photo where it says "Attach:".  The picture you included was a link to the thumbnail on the image hosting site.  You will have to link to the larger photo or upload it here.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:23:32 PM by fogish »

Offline abushr

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:36:41 AM »
ok...lets try again.

ok....I've added attachment, but when looking at preview...nothing shows up.  So I'll post it and see if that makes a difference.  This is the only site I can't seem to attach pics to.  I hope this works....fingers crossed!!!

Offline abushr

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 01:37:19 AM »
Victory!!!!!