Author Topic: December Meeting  (Read 2493 times)

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
December Meeting
« on: November 29, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
This is a reminder that the meeting is next Saturday December 5th, 2009 at 7:00 PM at Rick & Barbie's house.

I will follow up with sending out a mass email with the address so let me know if you didn't get it.  That just means that I don't have your email address and you're not on my distribution list so you can PM me if you need to be added.

We will be doing the White Elephant gift exchange so if you want to participate, please bring a WRAPPED gift with a value of $15-20 (this is optional).

We will NOT have a raffle this month but we will still have FOOD & FUN so come join us and let's celebrate the Holiday cheer together.

Barbie has the ballots from the first round of votes that were taken at the November meeting and Paul will let us know the results from the online votes so our New 2010 MCSAC officers will be announced.

SEE YOU ALL THERE!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:51:04 PM by nacheetah »
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
Re: December Meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 12:25:42 AM »
I need to know where I am going please!  And are kids allowed to come or is adults only?

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
I sent you a private message.  Hope to see you there.

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »
A big thanks to Rick & Barbie for hosting such a great meeting.  We had a great turn out and enjoyed sharing our hobby with everyone.  We had lots of fun with the White Elephant gift exchange and the feathery trio was the most interesting gift and I'm sure the most talked about.  They went to a good home and hopefully Laura is enjoying them.

Our new officers for 2010 were announced and they are:  President - Nate Canfield, Vice President - Ed Hahn, Secretary - Carmen Escalera, Treasurer - Stacey Hahn and our Webmaster is Paul Anguiano so let's give them a big Congratulations.

A big thanks to Jim Briggs our current President and Marty Keillor our Vice President for getting us through this year with the Conference and all which took commitment, dedication and many hours of communication.

Our January meeting will be held at Grant's on the second weekend of January and details will be posted at a later date.

Thanks again to all of you that attended especially the poinsettias that we haven't seen in a while.  It was great to see you there and hopefully we see more of you in 2010.  :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:40:49 PM by nacheetah »

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »
I kept checking my email....didn't think to check my PMs.  Dang it!!!   I even said to my husband at 6pm I guess I am not going to the fish meeting because I don't know where it is!  It would have been perfect because my daughter was invited to a sleep over!!!  Ok next meeting!  I swear I will make it to one of these!!!  You guys are going to start to think, if you don't already, that I am a complete flake!!!

Offline fogish

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 05:07:36 AM »
I think you can change your settings so that you get an email whenever you get a PM.

About last night: it was a ton of fun guys, thanks and I will see you in January.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »
Poinsettas? Hey wait...I think your talking about us! LOL It was great to see everyone and be careful for what you wish for Carmen!!! It might just come true!  ;D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »
I think you can change your settings so that you get an email whenever you get a PM.

About last night: it was a ton of fun guys, thanks and I will see you in January.

One other thing about email.  Please double check the email address you have set in your profile.  By default, all Private Messages will get forwarded to you by email on this board, but there have been a larger number of bounces than normal on the server lately, indicating that some of you have invalid email addresses set.

Also, when you get an email message containing the text of a private message, please follow the warning given therein, and don't reply directly to the email message, or your reply will go to the server (i.e. me) rather than the other person.  You need to go back to the website and respond directly to the private message.

Thanks.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »
Yup that was it!  After my move I forgot to set my new email!!