Author Topic: Choosing 2010 Club Officers  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Rico

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Tang
Choosing 2010 Club Officers
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:12:39 PM »

How about posting the list of those who were nominated for MCSAC Club Officers at the last meeting.

We are supposed to vote on these positions at the November meeting at Nate & Colleen's.

Also there was discussion on enabling an On-Line vote through our club forum.  Paul are you onboard with this?

Rico
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
Re: Choosing 2010 Club Officers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 07:17:20 PM »
Your nominee's are:

President: Nate, Jim & Ed

Vice President: Taylor, Ed & Nacho

Treasurer: Stacey & Colleen

Secretary: Colleen, Carmen & Grant

GOOD LUCK!

Let's be prepared to cast our votes at the next meeting which will be held at Nate & Colleen's on Friday November 13th beginning at 6:00 PM.  It will be the usual with raffle, food and socializing.  I will get an email out with the address at a later date.

Everyone will get a chance to vote either personally, via email or the forum. 

Thanks for your participation.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »
Thank You Carmen, you Rock  :)

Rico
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »
When choosing for who to vote, keep in mind that Colleen and I are likely to miss a number of meetings.  So, if it is important to you to have the club president at every meeting (I'm guessing about 1 in 3 we will make, but maybe less due to confilicting activities - and thus why we moved the date for the meeting at our house to Friday for this coming month), you will be better off with others as officers.  I've agreed to run, and will do a decent job of keeping the club going if elected - and I'm sure Colleen will do the same, but we figured it was only fair to let the members know our attendance may be lacking.

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
Thanks to all of you that attended the meeting and voted last night.  We still need to get Paul to add a voting poll on here for those that didn't get the opportunity to vote last night.

Keep in mind that only paid members get to vote so the online voters will be screened although we rely more on the honor system so if you've already voted DO NOT VOTE AGAIN.  The family membership is valid for two votes and we are shooting for a deadline of December 1st.

December's meeting will be held at Rick & Barbie's on December 5th 7:00 pm and the new officers will be announced then.

This is where we get to do the White Elephant gift exchange and that is a kick in the pants.  If you want to participate then you will need to bring a wrapped gift valued around $15-$20 with no name on it so let's start shopping.

This has become an annual tradition and we have a good time but you just never know what you'll end up with.  There's always that one or two gag gifts that will be talked about for awhile but for the most part most of the gifts are worth taking home.

More details to come at a later date.
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:49:27 PM »
Well poop!  I have been watching the front page for the meeting to change from Oct and I guess I missed this meeting too!  I will try to make it to the Dec 5th one!  Is it ok for a newbie to participate in the White Elephant?

Offline Lucy

• Goby
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »
Absolutely!  It is a lot of fun and everyone gets to participate. 
Barbie

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:01:53 AM »
I'm so sorry for not getting things updated everyone.  It has been a difficult month or two for me.

The meeting notice has been updated for December, pending member requests have been approved, moderation has been done, and Club Officer voting has been posted:

President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer

I'm still concerned that my member list is not up to date and some of our paid club members are not marked as such on the board.  Please let me know if you are a paid member of the club and cannot access the links above.
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline jimbo

• Goby
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
laura would like to vote since she was sick and missed the last meeting but i don't see where she can please help

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
laura would like to vote since she was sick and missed the last meeting but i don't see where she can please help
Does she have her own account on the board?  If not, she could probably vote using your account at the above links, since you already voted at the meeting, right?
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline jimbo

• Goby
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
yes i have voted, hope she did it right thanks paul

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »
Rod and Cindy are having problems logging in.  They would like to vote also.   Paul can you contact Rod and Cindy Harrington please?

thanks,
Ed :)
come over and see..:)