Author Topic: Lay of the land  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
Lay of the land
« on: August 08, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
Trying to get a feel of the TriCities before we move can everyone tell me some of the pet/fish stores in the area?  I don't care about the big chain stores...I like to shop at the little guy mom and pop stores!  Let me know where they are include a city and what you think of them?  Thanks!  Im not looking to have bad feed back as I can make my own opinion of places but if you have somewhere you really like please let me know!  Thank you!  :-* ;D :-*

Offline Kyleb100

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Re: Lay of the land
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:43:37 PM »
Petland in Pasco seems to have a good assortment of saltwater livestock and equipment.  Aquatropics here in Kennewick is pretty good also.  The only other place in Tricities that I am aware of that has saltwater livestock is Petco off SR395/27th by Home Depot in Kennewick.  If anyone else can expand on this feel free, because I'd like to know of other saltwater dealers myself.  Welcome to the tri-cities!

Offline fogish

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Re: Lay of the land
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
I work at Petland in Pasco and I just want to take the opportunity to remind you, no matter where you get your livestock or how good they look, to quarantine, quarantine, quarantine.

As far as stores I think Aquatropics is the only non chain store in the tri-cities. Petland will order in anything you want if it shows up on our lists, Aquatropics will most likely do the same. Compare quality of livestock and knowledge of employees, you will quickly find one you are the most comfortable with. I hope to see you soon at a meeting!