Author Topic: The Seahorse in Portland  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Kyleb100

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
The Seahorse in Portland
« on: August 01, 2009, 09:33:36 AM »
Went to the Seahorse in Portland a couple weeks ago and was amazed at the selection they had.  Everything seem to be in good health and well taken care of.  They have quite the extensive workshop upstairs and do custom tanks, lighting, sumps, plenums, etc.  He has atleast 500 lbs of live rock curing and I think he said it's $6 a lb.  His RODI was very reasonable and he also does premix, I think RODI was 4 gallons for $1 and premix was a little more. 

The entrance to the store is pretty inconspicuous, it is on the lower floor on the back of the building with a large parking lot back there also.  Either way, if you are planning on being in the area or making a road trip it is worth checking out.

http://www.seahorse-nw.com/

Offline Cannedmulder

• Goby
Re: The Seahorse in Portland
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
The owner is a realy nice guy too!!!

Offline Kyleb100

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
Re: The Seahorse in Portland
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »
Yeah he is a very nice guy, and very intelligent too.  My wife and I were startled by him when we first walked in though.  He was in his wheel chair leaned up against the refrigerator with his back turned to us.  First thought was that he was dead, LOL.  My wife then said loudly, "Are you alright!?" and he came back to life thank god.

He even gives free cups of live sand from his tanks to customers to start their tanks off right.  The website has a lot of info also.

Kyle