Author Topic: MCMAC Friday Night  (Read 3004 times)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
MCMAC Friday Night
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:02:38 AM »
We had over 60 people for our informal Friday Night get together, with good food, good company, both familiar and new faces, and good presentations.  A few prizes were raffled off and the itinerary for Saturday was discussed.

Jake Adams gave a thought-provoking presentation on water flow in our tanks.  Two sites he suggested looking at were:
http://reefbuilders.com
http://coralidea.com

Dave Durr from the PNWMAS club in Portland presented information on their Tanks for Teachers program.  We saw some excerpts from a wiki site with student involvement:
http://tanksforteachers.wikispaces.com/

Looking forward to Saturday's events!
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Re: MCMAC Friday Night
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »
Photos
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 02:43:39 AM »
-

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »
-

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
Nice job Paul. Thank you for posting these!
Barbie

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
Thanks for getting this out there so quick to share.  We had a great time and glad this all came together.  The speakers were great and very informative.

One of the highlights for me was the raffle being a kick in the pants especially with our new successful candidate that qualified for the MC position with about 5 minutes of experience (Stacey Hahn)....she was great and we will hire her anytime for this job. Who would have known that she could roll out sensitivity, humor and professionalism all out at once.  I loved it!

The food was great on both nights and seeing everyone again and enjoy the hobby we all have in common, was priceless.

Thanks to all of you that sponsored, helped and attended because without you, this would be impossible.

:)
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »
Pictures are awesome Paul! :) :) :)   I will be looking at these over and over again remembering how fun it was!
 :) :) :)
Thank you very much!
come over and see..:)