Author Topic: MCMAC 2009 CONFERENCE  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: MCMAC 2009 CONFERENCE
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
Those that want to buy Tickets to MCMAC can paypal on my account as long as you state its for MCMAC with proper ticket price.    You paypal me @ esmzhahn@clearwire.net.   and state tickets for MCMAC, How many and if single or family ticket.   We sold two last night from Portland that way.   I was not expecting it, they just sent me payment cause they knew me.
come over and see..:)

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
I would like to handle my purchase this way but 'm not that familiar with the whole PAYPAL thing so if someone can detail it out for us, it may help with proceeding with this form of payment.

As soon as I get details, I will purchase my tickets.

Barbie, when are we getting together at your place to do the Friday night social salads?

Nacho and Rick are going to take care of the other important stuff for the social. (Protein and liquids) if you know what I mean ;)

Just so everyone knows, Friday night will be catered by the members of the club and Saturday the members get catered by the Red Lion.

I'm looking forward to this and I hope all of you out there that would like to know what we are about can join us for an educational and entertaining event.  Everyone is WELCOME and we are sure you won't regret it.

Any questions, feel free to post them and someone is sure to answer them.

Thanks, Carmen (MCSAC Secretary)
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline jimbo

• Goby
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »
Hi all
paypal works fine. if you want another option i have tickets both members and nonmembers. pm me or post on the site.less than ten days we do need to give a head count for the red lion. please don't wait til the last minute
                               jimbo

Offline Lucy

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Goby
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »
Who all is coming over to make salads?  Do we have any idea what the target number of servings might be?

I think we should shoot for Wednesday or Thursday.  We don't want to serve old salads, now do we?  ;-)

Let me know what works for ya'll and we'll get it rolling!
Barbie

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
I plan to take the day off on Friday so will come whatever time you set up on Thurs, too   
I have 2 large bowls, too! Greg & I also plan to help Stacy on Sat AM at the Red Lion.
-Sandi
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:27:17 PM by btrue »

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
I'm off on Thursday and Friday so I'm dedicating that time to do whatever needs attention and whatever we can get ahead on.  Friday morning salads is as fresh as it can get, don't you think?  I will be there on Thursday to help set up as well so if you're working just let me know what I can do and I will have no problem putting a little elbow grease on things.

I would say prep for 75.  I'm going to inquire on getting corn on the cob from one of my farm connections ( I think there will be some ready)

Thanks!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
Barbie- I will bring your big bowl to you Mon or Tues so you have it for your salads   ;D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Lucy

• Goby
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
With as much set up as we have to do on Friday, I would rather do it on Thursdsay afternoon.  I plan to take Thursday and Friday off, so anyone who can join me on Thursday is more than welcome.  Maybe shoot for noon on Thursday.

Now for the question of supplies?  Are we asking for club members to donate the ingredients for the salads? I can't remember what we decided.

Also, any great recipes for salads?  I can't even remember what type of salads we decided on.  Boy, aren't I clueless? 

I know we had mentioned doing a fruit salad then decided against because it might turn brown too fast, but I have some ideas where we can make it work.  I also think a potato salad is a must.  Any others?  Are we going to try for a dessert?  Is there any other food prep that needs to be done?

Getting close . . .
Barbie

Offline btrue

• Goby
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 07:33:31 PM »
I don't have a Costco membership anymore but they have REALLY GOOD cake!  SOMEONE could just buy 2 of those, easy!!! All of us could help split the cost?!

I will buy 4 containers of cookies from Yokes;  they are good.
I will also bring a 5 lb bag of potatoes, celery & onions to make 2 potato salads.  You'll need eggs and mayo, pickles?

I hope I remember to bring my 2 big bowls.

I have a First Aid Class w/ my employees on Thurs AM til noonish so I'll come over around 1 pm. I don't have any other ideas for salads...

Should I try to drop off the potatoes early so you can start cooking them?
-Sandi

Offline ReefJunkie

• Goby
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »
I have not been able to offer any help because I'm always working but I would be more than happy to buy the 2 Costco cakes.
~ Richard
Just when you think you got your head screwed on straight. . . Your butt falls off. :confused:

Offline nacheetah

• Damselfish
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
I will cover the eggs, Mayo & Pickles. I have a couple of farm connections that are willing to try to find some early sweet corn, more potatoes, and onions for the grill.

We are going to have a volunteer meeting on Tuesday at 6:30 PM at Rick & Barbie's and we would like all of those that plan to help with all the prep work for the conference to show up so we can finalize all the details.

If you need the address, please post and we would gladly give you directions.

It is not too late to purchase your tickets, so if you plan on attending, please let Stacie our Treasurer know so she can do a will call and you can pay at the door since there isn't much time left to do it via mail.

We NEED to turn in a head count Tuesday morning, so please let us know if you would like to attend so we can get your name on the list.

See the MCMAC 2009 Page on the top left for contact information.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!