Author Topic: Kent marine vs. Seachem  (Read 3091 times)

Offline reefjosh

• Goby
Kent marine vs. Seachem
« on: September 24, 2008, 03:00:36 AM »
I have been curious as to which companies products are better. What I am asking is who's products work better, I am talking about products such as ph buffer, calcium, idiene, water condioner, and other water additives.
  I am asking this because some one in my town owns a pet store and wants to start selling saltwater supplies, and she asked me what she should sell.

I am lacking experience with the many companies who sell water additaves such as calcium and I am wondering which company's products should she sell?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:04:41 AM by reefjosh »
135 gallon 6 foot reef tank packed with some amazing fish and coral and a red sea max 250 in the works and a little 30 gallon clam tank just for the heck of it.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
Re: Kent marine vs. Seachem
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
I myself prefer dry single form products.   Its easier to add one part at a time and much safer than using combination Cal/Alk , etc.   

I think people need to know that calcium and alkalinity balance each other unless there is a inadequate amount of Magnesium or paremeters will be off if  not Saltwater is not mixed properly at Saltwater mix manufacturers recommended specific gravity.   

Seachem
Kent
Brightwell Aquatics.
Salifert
ELOs

are quite common when I see successful people dosing.
come over and see..:)