Author Topic: MCSAC Life is Very Very Good  (Read 1878 times)

Offline mikeydog

• Goby
MCSAC Life is Very Very Good
« on: March 05, 2004, 04:52:20 PM »
Well for those of you who haven't heard, I had a potentially fatal meltdown in my tank last week.  I of course was out of town for the entire week.  My wife called me up and said she smelled something burning horribly bad, and that all my coral, and fish looked dead.  Well I was very pre-occupied and told here that I thought maybe it was one of my submerged pumps.  It turns out that my RIO2500 burned up sometime during the night (piece of crap).  Well that was about all the help I could offer her.  So I mentioned that she may want to try to call Ed Hahn, or Matt Steele to see if they could lend some help or suggestions.  Well as it turns out, Ed was johny on the spot and came right over, and Matt hopped on the phone from work and lent some help then came over after work.  Such selfless people :D

Well long story short, they helped my wife clean up what they could and then did there best to show her how to care for it for the next week while I was gone.  In the end I only lost a couple green cromis.  All the other fish and coral have rebounded, and by the time I came back I could barely tell anything had happened.  A week later the tank is in perfect shape, in fact one of my anenomies split.  

So the moral to the story is; being part of our salt water club is great thing.  Not only do we have the opportunity to gather, talk and have fun, but also swap critters and creatures, learn new techniques and ideas, but we also have a support group that can help us in case of need or emergency.  Beyond the potential monitary loss, there is a lot of time, care, and effort, and love put into our tanks.  A huge loss like this could have been, can make one quit the hobby.  Especially a problem where there was really nothing that could be done to prevent it.

So My Many Many Many thanks go out to Matt and Ed for the help they lended my wife and I. I cannot even begin to express how much thanks you two deserve..  My fish and corals are particularly thankful, because they didn't want to wind up dead.

Viva La Fishtank

Thanks
Mike
125 gal (setup 11/02)
150lbs sand, 110lbs liverock
1.255sg 80F
40gal DIY Sump, ASM G-4 Skimmer
Duel Chamber MSS Calcium Reactor
2x250w DE 10k MH
1x250w DE 14k MH
3x165w VHO lighting

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 06:16:02 AM »
Mike,
   I think you would do the same for any of us. I believe most if not all in this group would do the same.   You are very welcome.  It was definitely a pleasure for me.   I can not speak for Matt.  But I am pretty sure the feeling is the same.
Ed :)
come over and see..:)

Yellotang

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 11:22:30 AM »
Well said Ed, my exact thoughts. No problem :D