Author Topic: PETCO - $11.99 Lawnmower Blenny  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Robert M.

• Goby
PETCO - $11.99 Lawnmower Blenny
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
I read on Reeffrontiers that PETCO will have Lawnmower Blennies on sale all next month for $11.99. I have been looking to get a Blenny for a reasonable price for some time now. I was hoping to get one with my reeftopia order next week but they have been out of stock. I went to the Kennewick PETCO tonight to see what they have in stock and found that they have 3, but most of the saltwater fish there are exhibiting signs of Ich. I even observed one of the Blennies rubbing against a rock.

I will probably not buy one from PETCO as I donít have my quarantine tank currently set up and it seems the added cost for medication, plus the cost and time to set up a tank would negate any savings on the fish. If anyone is currently treating for Ich with hypo-salinity or copper and is willing to adopt a Blenny for a while, please let me know.
58 Gallon Oceanic Reef-Ready

Offline na.lamar

• Goby
Re: PETCO - $11.99 Lawnmower Blenny
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:08:31 AM »
I've been to both Petco's and yeah the Kennewick one the fish always look unhealthy.  The one in Richland the fish look a lot better.  Maybe check that one out might find one you like there.

Offline Jeff

• Goby
    • http://searles.clearwire.net
Re: PETCO - $11.99 Lawnmower Blenny
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:16 AM »
I was bad.  I bought one from petco about 2 weeks ago for $12.99.  He seems to be doing well.  He hasn't stopped munching yet and is getting rather fat.  :) I did make sure I observed him for quite a while before I got him.  He wasn't rubbing on rocks and didn't have any spots.  I think I was just lucky.
30 gallon, 192w PCs with softies, and 5 freshwater tanks; mostly african cichlids.