Author Topic: Starting a new year 2008  (Read 4794 times)

Offline sirfisher

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Goby
Starting a new year 2008
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
Most of you all know that I'm now officially your new President of the club for 2008.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope this year brings us all prosperity in all of our endeavors.

Taking on this position will be a great challenge for me but I feel comfortable knowing that I will be supported by our Vice President (Marty Keillor), Treasurer (Stacy Hahn) and Secretary (Cynthia Harrington) as well as all the members of this club.

The January meeting is going to be held at Amazon Bay in Richland on Saturday the 12th.  Eric will have many store items with a 25% discount which includes live stock.

I will update with more information at a later date.

We hope to see a strong group of members as well as some new faces.   

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
Re: Starting a new year 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »
Happy New Year to you too Nacho!  I'm sure you guys will do a great job running the club.  Look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting on the 12th!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:32:31 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR! TO ALL OF YOU! ;D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline sirfisher

• Goby
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
The meeting information shows 7:00 pm but Eric closes the store at 7:00 and would like 1/2 hr to set up for the meeting so it will start at 7:30 pm. 

Sorry, I didn't include that in my first message.

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »
Happy New Year!     ;D  From the Hahn's
come over and see..:)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:34:11 AM »
The meeting information shows 7:00 pm but Eric closes the store at 7:00 and would like 1/2 hr to set up for the meeting so it will start at 7:30 pm. 

Sorry, I didn't include that in my first message.
I have updated the meeting notice.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
Happy new year to everyone, hope all are doing well.  Congrats Nacho on your election,as well as the other officers.  Dashia, still haven't see pics of the stand that someone made for you, would really like to see it.
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »
I have tried so many freakin' times.....I am an idiot. Rick and Barbie have seen it  ;D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:50:31 PM »
Calling all club members who may have a few frags to donate to John.  His tank is setup and ready to accept his fish, I would also like to send along frags so John can start his reef going again.  So for anyone who will be at the Club meeting this Saturday at Amazon Bay and may have a few frags to spare, please bring them along.  I will then send out John's care package the next week.

Thanks Everyone  :)

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »
Thanks guys, you are the best!!! :D
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »
Well, I do have this purple digitata that grows like a weed  ;D
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 07:47:37 AM »
We've got some stuff as well.  I know there's a chunk of our maroon cap, and a piece of the purple rim cap (that we initially got from John), purple, green, and maybe orange digi, and a piece of the stag we got from Souta's last year at the least.  Will have to consult with Colleen on what others she's ready to let me take a chunk from.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »
I happen to have a few items from this guy named John! I could see if I am willing to part....yep....I am willing!  ;D

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
And I have some of Les's fine pink xenia which ought to make a good soup on the way there... ;D
On the other hand, until I have flatworm treatment and quarantine set up I probably shouldn't be sharing anything from the SPS tank...

By the way, does anyone have chairs they could bring to the meeting on Saturday?  I don't think Eric has seating for all of us in the store, and it might be nice to sit down at some point.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:53:10 PM by psa »

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
Are any of those things that Dashia has a PICTURE by chance?