Author Topic: Calling all club members: MCMAC 2008  (Read 7360 times)

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
Calling all club members: MCMAC 2008
« on: August 12, 2007, 01:43:01 AM »
We had a great Conference this year and there was a lot of enthusiasm from all who attended.  We are very thankful to all who helped plan, prepare, and work to make it happen in 2007.

Rick and Barbie have done a tremendous job on the last three conferences, putting their heart, soul, and home into them, but it is time we gave them a break.  With more people than ever talking about attending our next conference, we need club members to step forward and take the initiative to prepare so that we can line up speakers, get sponsors, plan fund raisers to keep us in the black, and all of the other things that we've talked about in the MCMAC 2007 section of the forum.

If we cannot get enough support to chair the committees and begin planning the conference within the next month, we'll have to postpone the next conference until 2009.  With that in mind, please let us know if you're willing to contribute to making the conference happen in 2008.  Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:55:41 PM by psa »
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Re: Calling all club members: MCMAC 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
Count me in any way that I can help from way over here!   ;D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Nate C.

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »
I'm always willing to help, but with all that will be going on with the building of the new house and getting things set up and settled, I don't know if I can chair anything this year.   :(  I am willing to help coordinate the coral/clam auction again, as I have decent ties with Shark Reef (and if we get the coral early and allow acclimation time, he's got really beautiful stuff for SPS.  I'll have the 75 gallon set up for just that sort of thing in the equipment room of the new place too.   ;)

Count me in any way that I can help from way over here!   ;D

That's an easy one to answer...MOVE BACK!   ;D

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:34:30 PM »
Same response as Angel, only from the South instead of the East ;D
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:50:01 AM »
Hey I will help. But, do I wanna charge this thang up? heck no!!!!! But, of course I will help. ;D
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Cartman

• Goby
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 05:24:06 PM »
 As much as id like to say yes I have little free time to give between work school and my kid.
I'm dead sexy !   75 Gallon Nano Tank

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 09:31:32 AM »

Same response as for Angel...move back!  We know you guys both want to!   ;)

Offline dakota's dad

• Damselfish
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »
Its a little hard to get involved being out here in dayton and no Im not moving to tri-cities. but if I can be of help from here let me know how and when.

Paul
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 05:47:18 PM »
Looks like we've got as much response from out of town as we have from those still local.  Hopefully we just have a lot of people who are still considering or haven't yet found this poll on the forum.

I've been discussing the club with my wife and I think I'd like to get more involved in it this year than I have in the past.  Given my current commitments, and my family which always comes first, I'm still working out what it would mean to devote more hours to the club through the coming year.

MCMAC2007 feedback from PSAS attendees (and Sanjay) starts about halfway down this page:
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23414&page=2

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
WOW! Those comments are awesome, thank you Paul.
I might be willing to do the Friday night BBQ at my house next year...... ???
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 06:24:42 AM »

Same response as for Angel...move back!  We know you guys both want to!   ;)

If I could I would but I can't so I won't.  I do miss the heck out of you guys though!! ;D
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
We have some angels besides the Angel we know watching us.  That Angel guy is pretty cool too. ;D  There are some good people in this hobby wanting it to happen again.  ;)
come over and see..:)

Offline Ed

• working together to make this hobby enjoyable for all...
  • MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Trigger
  • Working as one to promote anyone willing to learn
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »
How many of us work for Battelle?   Do we have Ten People?
come over and see..:)

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
you, rico, vickig, me...that's 4 that I can name right off the top of my head.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »
I think Barbie does, too...?