Author Topic: Wow, what a conference!  (Read 4834 times)

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
Wow, what a conference!
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:11:50 AM »
If you didn't make it out to the conference you missed a heck of a good time.  Mike and Sanjay were awesome speakers and fun to hang out with.  The corals and giveaways were awesome and the people were amazing!  Whata great bunch of floks to be spending a weekend with!

Thanks to everyone who came out I had a great time seeing and meeting everyone.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline dakota's dad

• MidColumbia Saltwater Aquarium Club Member
  • Damselfish
Re: Wow, what a conference!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:41:33 AM »
sorry I missed it. I really wanted to be there but could no get the day off.
Paul:75gal aga w/ 400 xm 10k, 175 xm 10k & 24" t8 actinic with fish, sps skeletons & a few shrooms. 20 gal w/fish,enemones, lps & softies

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »
I would like to thank all the great club members who extended so much help to make this conference even better than the last one.  We seem to keep raising the bar on ourselves and we certainly did it this time.  Everything went very smoothly and we have had great feedback on how professional the conference was.  We could not have done it without all those who helped show the Pacific Northwest how great our club is.

I don't have the exact final numbers yet, but we know that we finished in the black, and it looks like we still have a significant amount left in the bank.  Now that is a huge improvement and a great feeling.

Here is a note from Sanjay expressing his thanks....

Rick:

Thanks for inviting me to the conference, and your hospitality. I had a very
good time at the conference and the barbeque at your house. You guys did a
great job organizing everything.

Let me know when you want me to send you some of the purple/blue milli coral
and I'll be happy to send some for you and to share with others.

Sanjay.

Does anyone remember who is hosting the August meeting?  If so please speak up as the schedule has faded from my memory.

Also, is anyone interested in going to the Portland Coral Farmers Market on Aug 4th?  My preference is to drive down on Friday the 3rd and kick our heels up in Portland Friday night.  We have a complementary club booth at the market and we can print up some of the same handouts used for the tank tour along with pictures of this years conference so we might be able to bring more people in from Oregon.  Plus we will be able to pick up some very nice corals.

Finally, I desperately need copies of any pictures that were taken over the weekend.  I want to get a gallery of the event put up right away because there are some that did not make the event and are curious as to what they missed.  We need to show them ASAP, otherwise they will forget that they missed out and not look for information on how well the event was.

Thank you all again for the great effort put out to make MCMAC 2007 a success ;D

Rick & Barbie Berg
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »
There is a great thread going on Reef Frontiers with a lot of pictures.  If anyone has more to add please post them up.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23414&page=3

Thanks
Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »
I am back and still sad that I missed everything.... :-[
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
Welcome Home Dashia.  We missed you and would have loved to have you with us.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 08:06:34 AM »
Lots of work, but man was it worth it!  Now...who wants to buy a 155 bowfront?   :P  We've decided we are defintely going to upgrade to a larger tank/system after seeing Mike's talk!

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 12:28:02 PM »
Are you kidding me!!! hahahahaha- I wish I could buy it  :(   I would love a bowfront....but forget it!
75g with 2 Clowns, Yellow Tang, Coral banded shrimp, scooter blenny, sandsifter star, Misc. corals, Snails,  and Hermit crabs, 2 anenomes!

Offline Nate C.

• Trigger
    • Canfield Reef
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 02:06:47 PM »
Yep, we are already talking about it with the company in Canada.  Got a price quote, now have to decide if we really want to spend that much or not.   :P

Offline nacheetah

• MCSAC Board of Directors
  • Damselfish
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »
What other information do you have on the Portland trip?  We are going to be in Lincoln City that weekend celebrating our 25th Anniversary and the drive would be 2 hrs from there.  We could attend since we are already that close but we need the times so we can coordinate. 

Thanks!
In the works on a 120 GL.

Offline angelscrx

• Trigger
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »
Great job folks again it was great to see everyone.
150g AGA, 200lbs LR, Cinnamon Clown, 2 engineer gobies, Spotted Mandarin, coral beauty, Skunk cleaner, scarlet wrasse, Bangai Cardinals.  Corals, check out my thread!!

Offline Rico

• Tang
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
Carmen & Nacho,

Here is a link to the event.  It is Saturday from 10:30 am to 4 pm.  It would be great to see you guys there.

http://www.nw-cfm.com/

Let me know if you are going to be able to make it.   Right now it looks like Jim Briggs and myself, possibly Paul A, and maybe Fragman Paul from Seattle.  Ed is still uncertain.

Rick
Rick Berg
240 Gal Acrylic IAP tank
Propagating SPS Corals

Offline psa

• Administrator
  • Damselfish
  • reef gardener
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 10:48:34 AM »
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it.  I've been sick this week and am a bit behind on some things that I'll have to take care of on Saturday.  :(
I would have liked to have gone, though, and it will be interesting to hear about the event and what you guys bring back!
Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Offline tyler5g

• Damselfish
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Glad everyone had fun.  hey Dashia, when are you going to post pics of the tank and new stand and new livestock for us out of staters to see? ::)
206 SPS tank, dual 400 MH, t-5 actinic, Ampmaster 3000 closed loop, Ampmaster2700 sump, custom sump/skimmer combo built by club member, various SPS, several LPS and assorted fish.

Offline luvnsalt

• Tang
  • One day at a time!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 12:10:58 PM »
Ummm....I will try to figure it out and get some posted next week....I just got a new camera. I am in Bellingham until Tues- but will work on it Wed.